Think you're sugar-smart?
Think again. Take this pop quiz. Test your sugar IQ. These sugar facts might surprise you and your friends.
THE NOT-SO-SWEETFACTS ABOUT SUGAR
WHAT'S YOUR SUGAR IQ?
1. There are 16-18 teaspoons of sugar in a 20 oz. soda.
2. Drinking sports and Energy drinks can lead to obesity, heart disease and diabetes.
3. Drinking one soda a day can equal an extra 25 pounds of weight per year.
4. Sugar-loaded beverages are the single major source of added sugar consumed by the average American.
5. Nearly 50% of the average American's increased calorie consumption is from sugar-loaded beverages.